Making it easier to connect with the content you love was the aim of the redesigned homepage and channel layouts we launched in December
of last year. You can now start with a video
you love, discover and follow a whole channel
of great content from that creator or curator, and organize all the channels you love in a homepage
that's always updated with the new videos you'll want to watch.
Since these updates, the data shows we’re onto something:
- Daily unique visits to channels have increased by 60 percent since December 2011
- Daily net subscriptions are up 50 percent since December 2011
Today is the next step in the new YouTube look and feel we launched in December, where all channels will be updated to the new layout. What does this mean for you? Well, for starters, you’ll now see every channel organized into one of four channel
templates customized to suit different types of creators:
We’ve also built new ways to help you stay more engaged with the channels you love. For example, the Channel Feed shows you all the videos uploaded to a channel, as well as playlists and Liked videos across YouTube. The channel feed makes it clear what you’ll get if you subscribe. When you do, this feed will also be published on your homepage so you can keep up with all the latest activity from your favorite channels.
On the topic of features — a big thank you for all your feedback that we’ve incorporated over the past six months. You’ve helped us learn what works and what needs improvement as we evolved the design over time. Your feedback continues to drive updates and new features, and for all of you creators, here are a few updates to note:
- You wanted the ability to feature content prominently so we added a Featured tab and subsequently improved it with more templates and a search feature to help you program it more easily
- You told us having Favorites more accessible was important to you, so we turned it into a customizable part of your channel
- You wanted to link your +Page or your Google+ Profile to your channel, so we added this option
If you’re a YouTube creator, check out our post from last week
with tips on making your channel look awesome, as well as the YouTube Creator Blog
for regular updates on ways to improve your channel and connect with other creators.