Throughout the coming weeks, YouTube creators will begin to see the option to connect their channel with a Google+ page. Connecting with Google+ will unlock great new features for your channel, so we want you to understand all of your options. When you connect a channel with Google+, the channel will have a shared name and avatar with Google+, so making the right choice is important. A couple quick notes before starting:
- If you already have a corresponding Google+ page that you’d like to connect with your channel, make sure you’ve added your channel’s Google account as a manager of that page.
- If you don’t already have a Google+ page that you’d like to connect with, that’s fine. The linking process will allow you to easily create a new one.
Below is a screen for an example channel (Superman87), and here’s what the options mean:
- Superman: This option will connect your channel with an existing Google+ page that your channel’s Google account manages.
- Superman87: This option will create a new Google+ page for your channel with the existing channel name.
- Choose a better name: This option will create a new Google+ page for your channel with any name that you specify. If you want, you can change your name entirely, or you can make subtle adjustments to your channel username, such as adding a space or other punctuation (e.g., Superman 87).
- Clark Kent: This will connect your channel with the Google+ profile on your channel’s Google account. We generally advise partners to link their channel with a Google+ page, so if you’re considering using a profile instead, please view these guidelines
To start the process right now, go to your advanced account settings in YouTube and click Connect with a Google+ Page. If you have any questions, take a look at our help resources, or join our discussion G+ Community about YouTube and Google+ Integration.