Celebrating what you created, watched and shared in 2015 with #YouTubeRewind and YouTube’s new Trending tab
In 2015, you introduced the world to the latest dance crazes, opened up discussions about diversity and inclusion, and lip-synced in cars and onstage in front of millions. The trends you participated in and the creativity you shared defined the year on YouTube in a bigger way than ever before.
It's time to celebrate. More than 150 YouTube creators from all over the world got together to relive not just the best moments of 2015, but also some of the most memorable viral clips from YouTube history (hey, it’s still our 10th birthday year for a few more days yet …). The result: the 2015 installment of our annual Rewind video, featuring everything from YouTube dance prodigies, some of your favorite TV personalities, an epic plastic ball fight, and even a remix from Avicii.
And there’s more. Celebrate some of your favorite moments on YouTube through our official top trending videos of 2015, based on the amount of time people spent watching, sharing, commenting, liking, and more. Topped by one of the year's biggest dance trends, these videos were watched for over 25 million hours and were created by powerhouse channels with over 40 million subscribers between them.
For the first time, not just one, but four television moments made the top Trending Videos list. Three are late night TV videos of widely popular YouTube trends: the lip sync battle, the in-car singalongs, and the reading of mean tweets. You all love late night TV on YouTube—the time people spent catching up on late-night clips like Corden, Fallon and Kimmel nearly doubled in the last year alone!
- Silento- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) #WatchMeDanceOn by Tianne King
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial) by Clash of Clans
- Crazy Plastic Ball PRANK!! by RomanAtwood
- Love Has No Labels | Diversity & Inclusion | Ad Council by Ad Council
- Lip Sync Battle with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke by The Late Late Show with James Corden
- 6ft Man in 6ft Giant Water Balloon - 4K - The Slow Mo Guys by The Slow Mo Guys
- Golden boy Calum Scott hits the right note | Audition Week 1 | Britain's Got Talent 2015 by Britain's Got Talent
- Dover Police DashCam Confessional (Shake it Off) by Dover Police
- Mean Tweets - President Obama Edition by Jimmy Kimmel Live
When it comes to music, 2015 saw some of our fastest-rising videos of all time. Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" reached over 1 billion views in just 6 months and Adele reached the year's top 10 in just a few weeks. The top 10 music videos collectively have more than 66 million subscribers, and people spent over 37,000 years playing them in 2015.
- Wiz Khalifa - See You Again ft. Charlie Puth [Official Video] Furious 7 Soundtrack
- Maroon 5 - Sugar
- Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (Official Video)
- Major Lazer & DJ Snake - Lean On (feat. MØ) (Official Music Video)
- Taylor Swift - Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar
- David Guetta - Hey Mama (Official Video) ft Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack
- Sia - Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler (Official Video)
- Fifth Harmony - Worth It ft. Kid Ink
- Adele - Hello
- Silentó - Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (Official)
...and check out even more top music videos.
And if you love staying on top of the most-anticipated new trailers, hottest music videos, and viral clips from YouTube creators, today we unveil the new YouTube Trending tab. This new tab in your YouTube app delivers the top trending videos directly to your Android, iOS, and desktop device. It's the best way to catch the videos, creators, and trends that people watch, share, and talk about each and every day. See 'em as they take off and before they appear in YouTube Rewind 2016. And for more Rewind fun, check out the YouTube Rewind channel!
Kevin Allocca, Head of Culture & Trends, and the YouTube Rewind team, recently watched “YouTube Rewind: Now Watch Me 2015 | #YouTubeRewind.”