Oh, and there's a football game as well!
We kid of course, but it's true that the big game has become as important to the world of advertising as it is to the world of sports. Fans huddle during commercial breaks, eager to see which spots will become conversation pieces both on Monday and well into 2013. To make it easier to catch up on all the commercials, the YouTube Ad Blitz channel will let you watch your favorite ads soon as they air live on TV and vote for your favorite ad at the end of the game.
- Touchdown dance GIF generator: Create and share your own touchdown dance GIF
- Smack Talk: Log in to all your social media channels from the channel to share your team spirit with friends and see a real-time visualization of which team is winning the internet (if not the actual game)
- Paper Football: Test your accuracy in this age old finger flick game
- Call the Coach: Get instant advertising advice from our resident ad coach, DeStorm
- Fun Facts: Learn interesting facts about big game advertising, provided by ADWEEK
As seen in last year's viral spots from Volkswagen, Honda, Audi and many others, savvy advertisers are using YouTube to not only generate excitement for their big game plans, but to dramatically bolster the effectiveness of their game-day spend. With new ad innovations to the Ad Blitz program this year, such as Lightbox ads, marketers can now extend their video presence across the web.
As always, voting begins at the end of the game and continues until February 11. So after the broadcast, be sure to vote on your favorite ads from the big game!
Sue McCauley, Ad Blitz Program Manager, recently watched "Road To The Superdome: 49ers"