The new YouTube Premium includes:
- The new YouTube Music: ad-free, with background listening and downloads
- More, bigger original series and movies
- Ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube
- The new YouTube Music is a music streaming service that combines music listening with the magic of YouTube: making the world of music easier to explore and more personalized than ever. YouTube Music includes a reimagined mobile app and brand new desktop player that are designed for music.
- YouTube Premium unlocks the full YouTube Music experience: ad-free music, background listening, and downloads.
- With YouTube Premium, you’ll get access to the full slate of YouTube Originals, including recent hits like the Karate Kid-inspired series, Cobra Kai, the dance drama, Step Up: High Water, and upcoming series like the sci-fi thriller, Impulse, and Liza Koshy's Liza on Demand.
- More new Originals from around the globe are on the way—featuring comedies, dramas, reality series and action adventure shows from the U.K., Germany, France, Mexico, and more.
Ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube
- YouTube Premium will continue to provide an ad-free experience, background play, and downloads across the millions of videos on YouTube, which simultaneously supports our incredible creators and artists.
Pricing and Availability
- YouTube Premium rolls out soon in existing markets: the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and South Korea*. It’s also coming soon to new markets: Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. We look forward to more expansion throughout 2018 and beyond.
- YouTube Premium will be available for $11.99 per month (U.S. price) or you can unlock the full experience of the new YouTube Music by itself with Music Premium for $9.99 per month (U.S. price).
- When YouTube Premium launches, YouTube Red and Google Play Music subscribers (including family plans) in the U.S., Australia, South Korea, New Zealand, and Mexico will automatically receive access at their current price. If the price ever changes, we'll be sure to give you plenty of notice.
- Google Play Music subscribers in all other countries will automatically receive access to YouTube Music Premium at their current price as soon as it becomes available there. Nothing is changing with Google Play Music - you'll still be able to access all of your purchased music, uploads and playlists in Google Play Music just like always.
*South Korea will only offer YouTube Premium at the current price of YouTube Red.