We wanted to follow up on Maryrose’s recent post and talk to you all about what’s going on with our content policies and the flagging system on the site.
With all of this in mind, we’re working on improving the system so that we can finally get ahead of the game and serve you all better:
- We have published new Community Guidelines which spell out, in plain English, just what is and is not allowed in videos and in text.
- We are developing new tools to help users defend themselves from harassment, spam and other abuse.
- Our team is growing every week, including some folks dedicated to support email.
- We’re going to improve our communication with you.When something happens, you’ll get a notification on the site (not just in email) and we’re working on more detailed notifications. We sincerely want our warnings to be helpful so that people will learn not to make the same mistakes twice. We’re confident that better communication will make a huge difference. So expect to see improvements in this area very soon.
- Once this is all in place, we hope to have tools that will allow us to review more videos in less time, allowing the rules to be enforced more evenly.
We’ve been planning and working on these things all year and we’re excited to be aggressively pursuing all of them.